Composition & Composition — From Novellas and Notes to Stories and Songs
I’m a Game Designer specializing in sound design. I graduated from Bradley University in 2021. I hail from Minnesota and one of the things I like to do best is create stories.
I make music, games, and I write for a myriad of occasions, including: original short stories, business opportunities, video game development documents, and the plot and mechanics information for various Dungeons and Dragons Campaigns.
I am passionate about composition and creating enjoyable experiences for people.
Education – Senior Year student in Bradley University’s Game Design program through the Interactive Media Department. Expected Graduation Date is May 2021.
I’ve Worked in multiple roles with varying teams of artists, producers, programmers, and animators to release projects in accordance with academic deadlines as well as individual goals. Key strengths include the ability to adapt to changing audio demands in a fast-paced development environment.
Experience and Projects
- Released four full-length albums through Bandcamp – https://jakehyland1.bandcamp.com
- Worked in student-based teams at Bradley University to develop both basic concepts and game projects while taking on multiple roles, such as: game designer, artist, level designer, voice actor, audio designer, and writer.
- A Cog in the Cosmic Machine – https://partyparrotpatrolparade.itch.io/a-cog-in-the-cosmic-machine
- Yarnover – https://jake-hyland.itch.io/yarnover
- Cheese Chase – https://bradleyinteractive.com/2018/exhibit/cheese-chase
- Composition for Dome Animation for Peoria Riverfront Museum – https://vimeo.com/332116492
- Voice Acting for Dialogue Final Project – https://vimeo.com/305830140
- Participated in multipleGame Jam projects as a game and audio designer, resulting in the PC release of three games, one of which was featured at Dreamhack Atlanta’s Student Game Showcase.
- Match-Ride Rescue – https://bsharpgames.itch.io/match-ride-rescue